September 29, 2005
* Bank of China forms auto finance venture with PSA Peugeot Citroen and domestic automaker to accelerate vehicle loan business.
* Competition for domestic managers in China is heating up - bank staff are particularly coveted.
* BPI and Prudential Bank to merge in Philippines.
* Bank of Asia shareholders approve merger with UOB's other Thai subsidiary Radanasin Bank to form UOB (Thailand).
* Kiaknakin Bank to open Monday as KK Finance upgrades its license. (Original statement on plans)
* StanChart said to be gaining share in Korea after KFB purchase.
* Indian non-bank FinCos slip through regulatory cracks, says Economic Times.
* AIG Private Bank opens in Shanghai, becomes first foreign private bank. (release)
* BofA staff arrive at CCB, the first of 50.
Posted by The Banker at September 29, 2005 10:08 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: