October 04, 2005
* UK Banks, Insurers, Fund Cos. still optimistic, but less so than previous quarter.
* 1-day old MUFJ already having ATM merger troubles.
* GE Finance acquires Keppel Bank Philippines (ex-Keppel Monte) control for $26m.
* HSBC is unsecured creditor of Northwest Airlines - Reuters. I don't see HSBC on the list of top 100 unsecured creditors, however - I assume this means they are bondholders of one of the unsecured series listed.
* US past-due credit card bills in record territory. HSBC says environment is still benign, however.
* Mizuho T&B raises forecasts slightly.
* StanChart Nakornthon Bank is renamed Standard Chartered Bank (Thai); ticker changes from SCNB.TH to SCBT.TH (Bloomberg: SCBT TB).
Posted by The Banker at October 4, 2005 02:14 AM
TrackBack URL for this entry: